Shipping costs vary by season/temperature.
Summertime shipments must be done in person or over the phone (due to various factors involved with insulated boxes, cooler packs, etc.) Please call the store directly during working hours to discuss your shipping options. 815-758-5990. We are here Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. central.
For All Shipments: We ship in the continental US via the US Postal Service using Priority Mail. Most packages will arrive in 1-3 days, but are not guaranteed. We typically ship products within 1 business day of receiving the order, but we cannot re-ship items that are delayed due to factors out of our control. We rarely have problems with shipping times, but there were considerable delays during the pandemic throughout the country.
Summertime/Warm Climate Shipping 70 Degrees or above
Due to fluctuations with the rates of insulated shipping boxes, we have disabled online shipping for the summertime. During the warmer months, shipping costs increase due to the added costs associated with insulated containers and ice packs. As such, our rates do increase during this time. Please call the store for a quote during working hours (Tuesday through Saturday 10-6) for a quote on summertime shipping. The number is 815-758-5990 We will have to put your package together and get your mailing address before we can give you an exact price. Below is a general guideline to give you an idea of shipping costs during the summertime. Please note that this is a general guideline and that your specific combination of products may be different than what is listed below.
- Under 1 lb = $20.00 - $25.00 - Depending on where it's going in the country
- 2.0 lbs - 3 lbs = $26.50 - Anywhere in the U.S. - USPS Large Flat Rate Box
- Above 3 lbs – Please call so we can put together a price quote for you.
Other Summertime Shipping Notes
- We only ship Mondays – Wednesdays during the summertime to avoid packages and ice packs sitting in the shipping channels over the weekend. We can make exceptions to this if requested and if you are close enough that the package will arrive at its destination quickly enough not to be sitting in the post office over the weekend. Please call us if you would like to discuss options.
- Make sure the package will not be left on a porch or in a warm location. If left sitting on a porch (even in the shade) it can cause melting. It can also attract critters because chocolate and candy smell good!
- If we are able to secure better shipping rates for you, we will refund you through our online ordering system and an email will be sent to you regarding the refund. (this applies to winter shipping only)
Wintertime/ Cooler Climate Shipping
During the winter months, shipping costs tend to decrease due to cooler temps and smaller package sizes (that don’t require insulated boxes or ice packs). Your final cost will be determined during checkout, which is calculated using an algorithm based on the size and weight of your items. Below is a general guideline to give you an idea of shipping costs during the winter. Some items are light, but large and therefore will require a larger box. That said, the basic guidelines are below for your quick reference.
- Under ½ lb = Small Flat Rate Box = $8.30
- 6 lb – 1 lb = Flat Rate Envelope with protective box $9.75
- lb – 2 lb = 2 lb Mailer Box = $11.00
- 01 lb – 4.5 lb = Medium Flat Rate Box = $15.50
- 51 lb – 10 lb = Large Flat Rate Box = $22.00
- 11 lb – 20 lb = Custom Shipping Box = $30.00